Salary: $15-$19 / HR
The Logistics Coordinator will perform track and trace functions by maintaining constant contact with carriers via phone and email. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for recording updates in internal and external transportation management systems to keep customers updated on the status of their freight requests. This position has in-depth knowledge of 828 Logistics and its carrier agreements and customer needs. This position reports to the Expedite Team Lead.
The Logistics Coordinator is vital to ensuring expedited freight is delivered and exceeds our customer expectations. They must create and maintain open lines of communication with carriers and take complete ownership of the successful delivery of freight.
- Maintain constant contact with carriers via inbound and outbound calls and email ensuring timely delivery of freight.
- Record hourly updates on freight status in internal and external TMS systems.
- Communicate and escalate any issues related to freight delivery to the Account Manager.
- Ensure ultimate customer satisfaction by communicating with all necessary individuals to provide the most efficient and punctual delivery of services to customers.
- Have in-depth knowledge of carrier accounts, communication preferences, and customer needs.
- Verify and update all carrier contact information and ensure detailed documentation of carrier status and interactions.
- Keeps abreast of carrier and customer preferences with strong strategic thinking capability.
- Identify key carrier prospects and build a strategic approach to new carrier relationships.
- Executes strategic and tactical plans to ensure expedited freight requests are completed within specified deadlines.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to thoroughly document interactions
- Ability to work within established policies and procedures
- Consistently exceed department minimum expectations
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal team members
- Must be flexible, innovative, and possess a drive for results
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet company goals