The Sales Executive is responsible for generating new sales leads, securing business to business agreements, and maintaining relationships with 828 Logistics’ client base. Sales Executives must have proven sales skills and be comfortable in a commission driven position.
Sales Executives receive a guaranteed base salary plus commission for the first 180 days. After 180 days, the base salary is removed and Sales Executives receive commission only.
- Generate new sales leads through various avenues, primarily by cold calling.
- Acquire new clients and facilitate seamless customer on-boarding.
- Timely escalation resolution, being available on call after hours, and reporting issues to the customer as soon as they arise.
- Provide exceptional service to customers and carriers to leverage additional business from existing relationships.
- Problem solving skills to address customer complaints, operational issues, and any obstacle that could affect the customer relationship.
- Meet quarterly sales goals and other KPIs as assigned by the company.
- Communicate interactions and sales activity through timely submission of daily/weekly/monthly reports as requested.
- Utilize phone, email, and other avenues to communicate with clients, carriers, and internal customers as required.
- Keeps abreast of customer and carrier preferences with strong strategic thinking capability.
- Identify key client prospects and build a strategic approach to new customer relationships.
- Executes strategic and tactical plans to ensure expedited freight requests are completed within specified deadlines.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, procedures and service standards.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience as an Account Executive or Sales Professional with a verifiable book of business
- Must have knowledge of the transportation industry, third-party logistics, working with carriers and shippers/receivers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to thoroughly document interactions
- Ability to work within established policies and procedures
- Consistently exceed department minimum expectations
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal team members
- Must be flexible, innovative, and possess a drive for results
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet company goals